Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Back to School Countdown--Part Three

The very last day of summer vacation!!! So today we had to end on an awesomely FUN note. We spent the morning hunting for the last few school supplies. That was not fun. Q's teacher, whom we love, sent us on a wild goose chase last year looking for a particular kind of writing paper. We searched all over town for what felt like ages. This year we are on the prowl for a particular kind of notebook, and after 3 stores this morning we are still out of luck. I think just in case she gets Mr. B again next year I'm going to ask him for his supply list in June so we have a chance of being prepared for the first day!

Anyway, after that we were ready for some serious fun so we celebrated the end of summer by going ice skating!!! It was a blast! Here's MungBean who I will admit to being worried about: I didn't really expect to get him out on the ice at all, but he was a rock star! He loved it! And once he realized that falling down wasn't terribly painful, he really got into it:

...falling down a lot, that is. I liked it best when he figured out how to get back on his feet on his own.


Here's QuayQuay. She went ice skating for the first time ever this past weekend. No big surprise, she took right to it:

And here's Babs, a little more timid than her sister, but had every bit as much fun, and really got braver and braver as the afternoon went on:

No pics of me, but if you just look at the one above of Babs and mentally add 26 years you can imagine just what I looked like. My right hand got seriously sore from clinging desperately to the wall. Then I decided to just go back and forth over the same stretch of wall to alternate hands. It worked.


After skating we went for a delicious treat at Baskin Robbins. It was the perfect end to the last day of vacation.

All right, we're ready! Let's go back to school!!!

1 comment:

BeeP said...

We miss you guys!