Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A New School Year

This summer flew by far faster than I would have liked, and the first day of school caught me more off-guard and unprepared than usual.  We are at a new school this year; the kids were accepted at a magnet school that offers exciting elective classes and a curriculum that I think will be a great fit for us.  Here they are on the girls' first day:



Babs in 5th grade, QuayQuay in 3rd grade

And then a few days later, MungBean got to go to school too... Kindergarten!!! Here they are on his first day:


The morning of MungBean's first day, as we were getting ready to go, I noticed Babs seemed a little down.  I asked if everything was ok, and she said, "Yes.  It's just [MungBean] is growing up so fast!" and then she got a little choked up.  We shed a few tears together over our little boy being all grown up.  I shed quite a few more when I dropped him off at his classroom.  But of course he loved it, and has been eagerly awaiting his return to school.  

And that's where they all are as I sit here in a quiet house typing away.  Hard to believe that they're all getting so big.  Happy Back-to-School, everyone!

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Aw, what a cute big sister! Congrats on the (almost!) empty nest!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

They are growing up way too fast. I hope you guys enjoy the new school.

BeeP said...

Wow! They are so big! Love your updates.