Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Parade, Etc.

Babs was in the town festival parade today. It's actually the third time she was invited to be in the parade but the first time we managed to make it happen. She was stoked that she got to ride in the convertible with Big Alice (Bailey). They were so cute together!
QuayQuay loved watching the parade. Her favorite part was all the candy that was thrown. Yum! Despite the heavy cloud cover and periods of rain, she got a bad sunburn on her face. Sorry, Quay!
She also had to get in on the action. This is her high-fiving Babs' friend Ava:
After the parade we ran home for a quick lunch and then raced over to the park where Babs performed her Little Alice numbers as part of the local talent showcase. She did a fantastic job! This is her at the beginning of the caterpillar dance:
Back to the subject of the parade, I can't help but mention that it was reeeeally long... more than 100 entries. I had no idea it would be so extensive. Also, of those 100-something groups and organizations and floats, there were 5, count 'em 5, bagpipe bands. And only one regular marching band. Something about that seems odd to me. Anyway, it was cool because I dig bagpipes. I just had no idea they were quite so popular around here.

After all the dancing and parading (and rain) we took a trip to Lowe's and ordered our hardwood flooring for our living room. I am so excited!!! I makes me want to track mud and spill things on the carpet in there! I don't think it would make much difference at this point, that carpet is so hammered. Hooray economic stimulus package!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

we saw her in the parade! So cute! :)
And I also found all the bagpipes odd. how can there be so many people in one place who play such an obscure instrument?
AND, after Adrienne was covered with sticky candy mess, Zac couldn't take it anymore and left early to go get her cleaned up. So we didn't even stay the whole time, and it still seemed long!

Amber Baker said...

Oh, she was so cute! She is quite the little actress, I was very impressed. I am excited to see the whole production put together. Her and Bailey look a lot like! That CUTE red hair!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

She looks so adorable.

I didn't get to see the parade and I thought that Jim Harker was exaggerating, but you confirmed the bagpipe number. That is hilarious. I am a big fan of bagpipes in parades, but 5 bands? So weird.

Melissa said...

I have always hated parades that do not throw candy so I am glad to hear that candy was thrown.

Colleen said...

Too cute! I love her pretty red hair. Sounds like I missed quite a parade!