Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dark Blue

(Today the grocery store had dark blue-frosted donuts. Hence the dark blue face.)



MungBean's favorite color is Dark Blue. It's the best color ever, according to him. And the best color for everything. He talks about his "dark blue dream car," rides an imaginary dark blue motorcycle/monster truck, had a dark blue train birthday party, he looks forward to one day riding his dark blue school bus to his dark blue school, etc etc etc. But apparently it's more than just a color, it's a state of mind: sometimes when he's feeling happy or excited, he'll say "Dark Blue!" just out of nowhere, and not in reference to anything in particular. I think it's because that's the only way he can express the wonderful emotions he's feeling at the moment. Dark Blue is also a reflection of his self-esteem: one day as we were entering a store a lady commented on the handsome little boy with such lovely red hair. MungBean turned to me and complained that the lady has called his hair red. I said "Yes, that's because your hair is red." To which MungBean replied, "No it's not, it's Dark Blue."

4 comments:

Kristen said...

hahaha! I love that he uses his favorite color as the word to express his happy feelings. I should try that . . . :)

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I don't understand why he's not a BYU fan then.

bonitinha said...

Jennifer, I'm actually trying to convince him to be a Yale fan, but so far it's not taking...

Colleen said...

That is awesome. Or as he would say, Dark Blue!