
Week One of the vacation is done and it was a blast! On Wednesday we went to American Girl Place and the girls all had a grrrreat time! By "girls" I of course mean all the moms, aunts, and grnadmas too! We definitely did our patriotic duty to help end this recession by doing lots of shopping. We were quite a sight the 11 of us with all our bright red shopping bags! I still wish their girls clothes came in mom sizes, but oh well. We also had a lovely lunch with our dolls. Above is Babs and cousin Morgan with their dolls Elizabeth and Mia.

Here is Quay with Kit. Hard to tell which is which, right!

I didn't see that Kit hat for girls while we were at the store, so I had to run back to grab one, because seriously, that's the cutest thing ever! Next week we're going to see the Kit movie. I'm not sure who's the most excited! After the AG shopping spree the grown up girls moved on to H&M, Bare Escentuals, and Sephora while the littler girls found a spot to camp out and play with the dolls.

On Thursday we went to Six Flags Great America. It was awesome! The kids had a blast in the Wiggles World (the girls are above with Dorothy the Dinosaur). Babs and cousin Connor went on their first upside down roller coaster: the Demon! Those of us who are roller coaster fans particularly enjoyed Superman and Batman, opinions were split on Vertical Velocity, and no one really liked Iron Wolf. Most of us stayed all the way until the park closed. As we were walking back to the front of the park, we decided to get these cute superhero capes that we'd been seeing all day. I went into a store where I'd seen them to pick up a bunch, but they didn't have any of the purple Batgirl capes. The cashier told me those were only available at a particular game all the way at the back of the park. So I took off running, hoping it was still open. Nope. So I found a manager and begged her to open the game and just let me buy 2 purple capes (for Quay and cousin Marissa). She agreed to open it, but then she souldn't just sell me the capes, she made me play the game. Twice, because I wanted two. Worth it, because those are dang cute capes!
4 comments:
Fun! I'm jealous you got to go to H&M!
I know what you mean about about the American Girl store. They totally built them for the mom's. We are stoked to see the Kit movie too. Annabelle has talked non-stop about it since we saw a preview. I love shopping. I really need to go to Chicago!
I'm so glad you got Quay that hat. It looks so, so cute. It sounds like you are having a blast.
So jealous! I can't wait till cricket is old enough for AG stuff. :-)
Post a Comment