
Babs' soccer team this season is the Evil Monkeys. Their second game was this week and it was really exciting! The team played great. It was awesome to watch them passing the ball to one another, playing actual positions, and really working well as a team. I counted 8 goals that they scored, and the best part of that was that there were at least 4 or 5 different players who made those goals; often with these little kids there are one or two players who dominate, but lots of the kids really got a chance to shine. Including our little Babs who scored a goal of her own!!! As she pointed out, the goalie was paying attention to Carter and not the ball (so we'll credit Carter with the assist!) but really and truly Babs scored a goal! Hooray!
6 comments:
Nice work! Wow, who comes up with the team names?!
yeah, Colleen, the kids vote on a team name. Matthew's is the jackalopes. I'm hating soccer this year (but not because of the team name).
But, yay for Babs! :)
I heard all about the play from Carter! Awesome! Carter is loving soccer this year! It helps that they are like a fantastic team from what I've heard. I've heard Carter's gotten close to a goal. Saw some great pics that my dad took. So glad they are getting play time together! Go Evil Monkeys!
I am proud of Babs. What I want to know about is the name what happened to wholesome team names like Unicorns or Rainbows. Those were my team names.
The name was suggested by one of the team members... a boy, need less to say. Babs seemed a bit disturbed by the name at first (and who can blame her?) but she seems to like it now. Past team names (some chosen by the kids, some assigned) have been Lightning, Dragons, Tigers, and Ponies. This is definitely the most creative.
Good job Babs!
Post a Comment