Saturday, January 3, 2009

The Nutcracker


On December 13, Babs and I went to see The Nutcracker. It was a wonderful experience!!! For the last 2 years, Babs has had the amazing opportunity to perform in her dance studio's production of this classic Christmas ballet, but this was her first opportunity to watch a live performance. And what a grrrrreat performance it was! It brought back happy memories for me of going to see this same production with my family when I was a little girl. It was so well performed, the costumes were gorgeous, the sets were magical, it was just everything I hoped it would be! And of course Babs loved every minute.
Our seats were in the VERY last row. We could not have been further from the stage. Here you can see Babs walking along behind the second-to-last row. It looks like we're in the attic, doesn't it! But we still loved the show. Next year I just might spring for a little bit better seats, but these worked out ok. After the show we got to go on the stage, have our picture taken with the Sugar Plum Fairy, Clara, the Nutcracker Prince, and a few others. We got to peek at many of the sets and props, learn a lot of behind the scenes info, and watch a magician perform. There was an extra $5 charge for this bonus, but it was totally worth it! In addition to the fun of getting a glimpse of how it all comes about, we each got a wooden nutcracker ornament and as many cookies, punch, and candy canes as we could stuff in our purses (uh, I mean eat). Five bucks very well spent! Anyway, it was a wonderful addition to our holiday festivities, and I hope the beginning of a long-standing tradition.

4 comments:

Jen Morrison said...

So cute! Is her dance studio planning on doing Nutcracker next Christmas? Carter really wants to be in it so I need to figure out how long he has to take lessons before they'll let him have a part. :-)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Glad to hear you got your monies worth! That is just called good planning - especially when you have Fast Sunday coming up!!

How did little Alice like being around OTHER professional ballerinas like herself? Hooray for your wonderful evening together. You are a great mom!

Amber Baker said...

So fun! I truly enjoyed it so much this year seeing it through Alle's eyes!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

How fun. I always think that I am going to take Sophia, but I never do it. Maybe next year.