Monday, September 15, 2008
The Big Reveal
On Saturday we got to take QuayQuay's splint off. She did NOT want to do it, because every time that thing came off in the past, her arm hurt a lot. But I assured her that her arm wouldn't hurt this time (and boy was I ever hoping that wasn't a lie!!!) and that if it hurt we'd put the splint right back on. Her arm was wrapped in some cotton gauze under the hard splint and she flat out refused to let me remove the gauze. So I let her keep that on all day. No, it wasn't doing anything in terms of stabilizing or protecting her arm, but it gave her confidence. And it turned out that her arm felt fine! She didn't move it much at first, but it's clearly not in any pain and has only minimal stiffness. Phew!!! Hooray for the end of an unpleasant chapter in our lives!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm so glad she got to keep her trust in her mom. :)
ditto to Colleen :)
I'm so glad that she is doing better. It's true. We promise our kids things and just pray that we are telling the truth.
The mind is a powerful thing. Whenever Carter gets a shot he cries and yells for "those little white balls!" yes cotton balls. For some reason they make him feel better. :-)
Post a Comment