This is a day when we remember the horrific events of 9/11/2001, but I think anyone who suffered on that day would want us to also take a minute to remember wonderful, cherished times. So in that spirit, I'll take a moment to reminisce about September 11, 1999... the day Munkus and I met. Our singles ward was holding a movie under the stars night, and lucky for me, my roommates both decided it sounded too lame to go. So I made my way on the subway over to the church where we were meeting, and got myself into a carpool group with a couple of girls I knew a little bit... and this one hunky guy *sigh*. We drove out to some park somewhere and watched North by Northwest till the generator lost power. Not that I was watching much anyway, I was definitely spending more time chatting with Munkus. We spent a LOT of time chatting over the next few weeks. And I eventually broke down and asked him out (got tired of waiting for him to ask me out!). Yay! After a few months of dating, a day trip to Newport RI, a couple of bouquets of roses, a tragic 3 week separation over Christmas break (Munkus's parents still laugh about how he moped around the house the whole time), we got engaged over Martin Luther King weekend. Our engagement was outrageously long, and we finally tied the knot on August 11, 2000, exactly eleven months after we met. And it's been Happily Ever After ever since!!! :)
A little side note to this little fairy tale... The chapel where we met is the same chapel where Munkus's parents met a generation earlier. Hooray for Boston singles wards! (I've still never seen all of North by Northwest, however.)
I love you so much Munkus!!!
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
aww . . . sweet story. Esp. since your parents met at the same church! :)
That is such a good story and the whole meeting at the same church is awesome.
That is a great love story. :-)I can see the whole same chapel thing as a part of a movie. :-)
That's sweet, Emily. You got yourself a good one.
That's a great story. And you have an excellent anniversary - Jim's birthday!
I never get tired of that story, but I'm not sure I'll ever get over the fact that we visited Munkus at the end of that September and not only didn't get to meet you, but he never even hinted you existed!
Ahhh, cute story!
Yeah, Meredith, I am still a little upset about that too. He told me over and over that you guys were coming to town, and how cute your kids were and how Mike speaks French, all talking the visit up like wouldn't I like to meet you all... and then nothing. Silly boy. :)
I will never forget having lunch with Munkus while he was home on break (we when to Big Time Diner and Ross had a huge poopy diaper). I started out by asked him if he was dating (b/c he was always pretty shy about girls)and by the time lunch was over I suggested we go look at some rings, I knew he had found the ONE for him. I am so glad Munkus found someone so special because he is pretty special too.
Post a Comment