Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Greatest Show on Earth!

Today we went to the circus. It was a blast! We got there by taking the train into town. The kids were so excited: That scrape on MungBean's chin is where he biffed it at the playground a couple of days ago. It looks worse than it is.
Quay has been asking and asking to go on the train. I assume it's from happy train ride memories from the Chicago trip.
Babs really got into the circus spirit. She loves wearing that nose. It doesn't stay on her bitty shnozz very well, but she loves it anyway. And MungBean...
...was pretty squirmy. He did a lot of dancing, wandering along the aisle, sitting on the steps, etc. Actually, he did a pretty good job of sitting still for reasonably long stretches, and amazingly didn't have to be taken out into the hallway. In fact, I think I'm going to talk to the Bishop about maybe working a few more elephants and acrobats into Sacrament Meeting so that we won't have to take MungBean out of there every single week.
This is not a fantastic picture, but here we all are. Yay yay fun fun!!!

8 comments:

Amber Baker said...

Hey if elephants will make my kids sit still--I'm all for it! It looks like you had fun!

Kristen said...

We haven't braved the zoo yet in my kids' lifetimes. It does look like fun! :)

Jane said...

Hey, we went too! It was good, but last year was better :P

Colleen said...

Looks like fun! I'd love to take Elijah to the circus, he'd be in heaven. We always seem to miss it, darnit.

BeeP said...

How fun! I'm so jealous.

Kristen said...

ok, I meant the circus.
My brain must not be working. sorry.

Ann said...

I am loving the picture of Mung in the silly hat. Heeheehee, looks like y'all had a great time!

Ann said...

I mean Munkus, you know who I mean.