Sunday, December 26, 2010

White (day after) Christmas

The snow didn't start till late last night but this morning we were met with this lovely sight:

Big surprise, no church. We spent the day hanging out together as a family and having fun. More on that later. On to the Christmas recap:

Christmas Eve we did some prep work for Christmas dinner (breaking with tradition we ate the holiday meal on the holiday rather than on the eve), watched Joy to the World, and sang Christmas carols around the piano. So much fun!
Christmas morning the kids let us sleep past 7 which was wonderful! We started with stockings, then moved on to the big haul in the family room. The kids got lots of great stuff:

Santa brought a mini-trampoline and a balance beam. No injuries so far, knock on wood. Munkus gave me a GPS (useful, since I tend to get lost every single time I get behind the wheel). It was a very fun filled day!
Dinner was prime rib. It was incomparably delicious. Mmmmmmm!
Speaking of fun-filled days, it was lovely to spend the day snowed in at home together. We received lots and lots of games as gifts yesterday and tried almost all of them today. So much fun! Also, Munkus built a snow hill and the kids got to go sledding:

6 comments:

BeeP said...

Merry Christmas! Pretty snow. You had some- we had NONE!

Jen Morrison said...

Sounds so lovely! Merry Christmas!!

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I would love to be snowed in... at home. I love that you guys were all together and it was a Sunday so no one had to be anywhere. That's a great snow hill Munkus made.

Colleen said...

I loooove my GPS. I used to get lost constantly, now I can go anywhere!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

SWEET! Not the snow. I like the pictures that show snatches of your house including where the new table must be! And I saw TVO. Hooray! Here's the problem with Mungbean - every day he should dress up as someone else because I've been looking forward to Halloween 2011 for Malto-Bean-io but then I saw him as a handy Bean - and now I like that too! Cute dang kid.

Anonymous said...

Everyting was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!