Yesterday it snowed! Yes, here, of all places! We were totally caught off guard. The kids and I were at the town Christmas parade when the first gentle flurries began. A couple of hours later as the parade was wrapping up, the snow had whipped itself up into a real storm and was sticking to the ground. We had bundled up in preparation for a couple of hours outside in December, but a heavy wet snowfall was a bit much. Thank goodness Munkus had hot chocolate waiting for us when we got home!
Due to the, ahem, inclement weather of the previous day, Church was canceled this morning. We are happy people stayed safe and warm at home instead of braving icy roads. But we did chuckle a little bit to ourselves. It's just a different world here.
QuayQuay, our snow-baby, was excited about the snow. She was the first to get all bundled up this morning to enjoy it:
...first with a snow angel (she was disappointed in the result),

...and then a snow fight with MungBean. Who knows when they'll get to use their snow pants again? I was glad I knew where they were so some good outdoor fun could happen before everything melted.
3 comments:
I would love to live someplace again where they cancel everything for snow!!!
Yay for NC snow. I love that everything is canceled for skiffs of snow.
Your children are welcome to come use their snow pants ANYTIME THEY WANT here - 24/7/365. Sad. True. Find me a house!!!
Post a Comment