The kids love to paint, but they don't always put a lot of thought and effort into their masterpieces. Usually they just slap a little color on a page and then ask for a fresh sheet of paper. But one day recently, after weeks and weeks of them bugging me to let them paint and me saying no because I didn't feel like dealing with the mess, I gave in and got out the paints and our last 2 sheets of painting paper. I guess the fact that they both knew that there weren't going to be any do-overs since we were out of paper made them take their artistic endeavor a little more seriously than usual because they both turned out a pretty nice work of art. The bottom picture is by Babs; it's a rendition of our house. (Yes, that's an eagle flying over the mountains in the background.) The top picture is Quay's abstract piece which she entitled "Lucas's World." (She told me a couple of days ago that she also wants to create a cross-stitched picture to be called Lucas's World. An interesting theme.) Anyway, I really liked these pieces and since they're too big to stick up on the refrigerator, I figured I'd display them here in cyber-space instead.
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment