Sunday, April 6, 2008

Watching General Conference as a family

Isn't this an idyllic image... the kids happily sitting on the couch on Conference Saturday. OK, I admit, that's not Conference they're watching. Conference started about an hour later. And that's also when the mayhem began. Both of the girls were excited about watching Conference, until it began. Anyway, it was nice to try watching it all together on Saturday. I think they paid a little bit of attention... Babs heard a reference in one talk to Joseph Smith being hurt by his enemies and asked if that really happened. We assured her that it did, and she then turned to her General Conference activity packet and colored the picture of Joseph Smith with bruises and sores all over his face:
And so all the other latter-day prophets wouldn't feel left out, she gave them bruises too. Quay was also paying some attention to the proceedings. During a talk by one of the Seventy (I can't remember which) she asked if that was the guy from Good Eats ("He looks and sounds just like the guy from Good Eats!" she insisted.) On Sunday, they watched shows of their own choosing in the other room. Like I said, at least we tried!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

That sounds remarkably like our Saturday morning session! When it was all over, I couldn't remember anything that was said, with all the shushing the children, and telling Bronson to sit down, not to mention the screaming baby, whiny dogs, and talkative spouse. Much easier to watch alone!

bonitinha said...

I'm so glad we're not the only ones! I couldn't remember much from Saturday either, but I learned a lot today! That's good, right?

Amber Baker said...

I think it's like a Sunday without getting dressed. I feel good if my kids listen even a little bit. I do better if they leave the room, but then they don't get to watch at all! I think I shusshed them about 16 times. Good job-I was ROTFL from the pictures! So funny!