Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday morning ritual



Every Friday morning the girls get so excited to watch the garbage truck do our street. It's one of those cool ones that picks up the trash can and dumps it in the back. Fascinating! In fact, the girls were so mesmerized that they didn't even notice me clicking away with the camera behind them. Today was particularly special because the lady driving the garbage truck honked a hello to them. Now that's a good start to the day!

4 comments:

Meredith said...

I can't believe this! I have vivid memories of Matt and I running to watch the garbage men out of the big front windows of the house on Howey Drive. Wow, I haven't thought about that in ages! Of course, back then the trucks weren't automated, so we would watch the two guys riding on the back of the truck jump down, grab the cans and empty them in the back of the truck. Matt was so little that he called garbage trucks "canny suckies". Ahhh, good times!

Colleen said...

What a cute picture! I love the light.

bonitinha said...

Every time they go running to check out the action I think of Matt and the "canny suckies!"

Karen said...

I just read the post and had the exact same memory of Matt and the "canny suckies". He was going to be doctor and on his day off a garbage man.