Thursday, November 27, 2008

Crazy Wonderful Thanksgiving

It was a crazy but wonderful holiday. Because MungBean is likely still contagious and we didn't want to infect all of the cousins, Munkus and I split the day at Meredith's house for the food and festivities. The inconvenient part (aside from the 40 minute drive that we did over and over and over) was that we were in charge of the turkey which needed to start cooking at 8:00... so the day started at 6 am when Munkus and I got up to prep the turkey and then I drove it to Meredith's and got back in time for Munkus to head out for the ward's turkey bowl. Then he and the girls headed out for the hoopla at the cousins' house and MungBean and I had a quiet morning at home. After the big midday meal, Munkus came home and I went over to Meredith's for fresh leftovers and got to hang out for hours and hours. The food was super delicious, the company was great, and despite a little more driving than we anticipated, it was a fun day. And we just have so many many things to be grateful for. Here are just a few that are on my mind today...
--healthy kids... so glad this bug is on its way out finally! (I hope!)
--the fact that I have a driver's licence, which I didn't for many years, and without which this whole Thanksgiving thing wouldn't have worked out
--an amazing sister in law who is willing to work her fingers to the bone to make the world's very very very best rolls, and then lets me bring home some of the leftover ones!
--an unbelieveably great husband who came home so I could hang out with his sisters
--And most importantly, the best family ever! I was born into the best family I've ever met, and then married into an equally awesome family, and then continued the wonderfulness by being blessed with the 3 greatest kids ever, and I can't even express how much I love all these guys. Best of all, we're blessed with the Gospel and we have the blessings of being sealed as an eternal family. I'm so grateful to be part of something so big and so wonderful.

Happy Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I'm glad that everything went so well. Being able to drive is the best, especially in suburbia.

BeeP said...

I'm so sorry you have been sick so long! Yuck! Well, I'm home-bound too, but for different reasons. Glad you had a good Turkey day anyway.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

"...And a best friend and fellow NYTBSA. I want to be Perfectly Imperfect, like her, when I grow up."

Just finishing your blog for you! I am glad that you had a good day. I hope everyone stops tossing their Christmas cookies before long.

I am thankful for you!