Monday, November 17, 2008

A Dream Come True

The girls have been talking for months and months about how they couldn't wait till fall so they could rake up the leaves and jump in them. I didn't think it would happen because we have very scrawny trees here and a LOT of wind, but lo and behold, this weekend our backyard was chock full of fallen aspen leaves and the kids got their fill of real fall recreation.
A couple of action shots...




Babs really was serious about helping to rake. Here she is trying to bury Quay.

And the fun was over all too soon, but the girls were great about helping their dad clean everything up. It may not exactly be autumn in New England or somewhere that has real trees, but I'm so glad they got to experience the joy of jumping in a big leaf pile. It was priceless.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm jealous.
That's all.

Jen Morrison said...

So cute! It is a fun tradition! We never had that in cali so I enjoy seeing the kids playing in the leaves here.

Jennifer Pelo Rawlings said...

I was amazed by the general increase in the amount of leaves this year. I think that there is a future for the trees out here. So fun.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

If you hadn't included that last picture of the leaves being bagged, I would have imagined them scattered all over the yard again and thought that it was a great lesson in what to expect from motherhood!