Thursday, May 15, 2008

Happy Birthday MungBean!!!








MungBean is one whole year old! We had a fun day; the weather was beautiful so we took a walk to the playground where MungBean loved climbing around and zooming down the slide. The kids played outside after Babs got back from school, and then we tackled the herculean task of cleaning the family room (so there would be room to play with all the new toys!) For dinner we had grilled chicken, rice, and zucchini, some of Mung's favorites. He had fun tackling the mountain of presents, but kept getting distracted by the toys and not wanting to continue the unwrapping. It was definitely a BOY birthday: a dumptruck, a crane, and a front loader, two dinosaurs, and a book about trucks were some of the exciting new additions. He couldn't be bothered with the new clothes (which are WAY cute I have to say!) We didn't have cake because I didn't want to give him anything with eggs (long story, if you haven't heard it, but the bottom line is I'm very paranoid about giving eggs to my babies) so we went for orange sherbet instead. MungBean did a great job of feeding himself (first time using a spoon!) and despite the reaction you can see in the video, he loved it and gobbled it up. That reaction in the video is how he acts every time he tried a new food. The first time I gave him a Cheerio he acted like I was trying to poison him. It was pretty hilarious. Anyway, it was a great day. Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

He looks just like his dad. Wow he is sure good with a spoon. Every time i give one to lucas he holds it in one hand and uses his other hand to get his food. Oh the pressure to keep up :)

Amber Baker said...

I love the fourth picture down. He looks like he is studying that present hard! I love this age, you can see their little brain just churning away and trying to absorb everything. Yes, my children also act like I poison them if I give them new food.

Kristen said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I can't believe he's one.