I'm so glad we've finally been having some real springtime weather. This weekend it's supposed to be more like summer, but that will be a good chance for the kids to break in the new wading pool they got for MungBean's birthday. Speaking of weather, on Wednesday evening Babs said she wanted to watch the morning news the next day so that she could see the weather report. I have no idea where she came up with this, but I was willing to go along. She doesn't typically wake up at a predictable time, and I don't actually know when the news is on or when they do the weather, so I told her that there's a whole channel all about weather all day and all night. Babs was amazed, and as soon as she got up Thursday morning (about 8:30 or so) she asked to go watch the weather channel. We all gathered downstairs and watched. For an hour and a half. I actually left after about 20 minutes to take a shower but all three kids stayed and watched and watched and watched. They loved it. They loved hearing about the weather in such magical places as Mobile and Chicago. They talked about it all day. Go figure!
Friday, May 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love the sweater! Good purchase!
That's hilarious!
It's true that weather is so fascinating for kids! Carter has us dvr the news every night and fast forward to the forecast. He pretends to be the weather man and gives us the forecast for the week with inflection. It cracks us up! He got lots of reaction from me when we were having all those snow days ugh! He's been out in the water practically all day today. So nice to have some sunshine again! I deserve a medal for surviving this winter. :-)
Post a Comment