Babs is all done with Kindergarten! The year went a lot quicker than I would have imagined! This picture is Babs with her wonderful teacher whom we'll miss a lot (and who has a stressful summer ahead of her as she doesn't have a guaranteed job for the fall!). They didn't have a "graduation" but a few days ago they had a program where the kids sang some songs and recited a few poems. It was adorable. The big finale was sung to the tune of "New York New York" as follows:
Start spreading the news
I'm leaving today.
I want to be a part of it:
First Grade! First Grade!
If we can (ch ch) make it there
We'll make it (ch ch) anywhere
Here we come First Grade! First Grade!
I thought that was just adorable, especially as the kids were all wearing top hats. I didn't get a picture because the lighting in the gym didn't agree with my camera, and I was also diligently videotaping the back of some lady's head. You would think that getting there 45 minutes before the program began I would have gotten a better seat, but I was too busy corralling QuayQuay and MungBean to focus on seat selection until it was too late. Oh well. Babs was very excited to check out her final report card and was quite relieved that it confirmed the fact that she had learned enough to be promoted to 1st Grade. Let's hope her brain doesn't completely turn to mush over the summer.
1 comment:
Congratulations. That is so exciting. The camera problem is a big problem and yes, seat selection is everything. We're not very good about that. When my kids went to Pony Express we were always in the way, way back.
Post a Comment